The Common App Essay Topics for 2015-2016 have been released, and the College MatchPoint writing team is more than ready to get drafting with students as soon as the school year is out. With the exception of topic #4, the questions are very similar to last year's batch (changes in italics).
Without further ado, here are the topics:
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
I am opening a very limited number of essay and application slots available for juniors who are interested strictly in essay and application help. If you have any questions about this, or the College MatchPoint essay services in general, don't hesitate to contact me!